On This Page
Pick a Background
- To start, go to your Dashboard and click on the name of the survey you want to work on to open it.
- In the top right corner, you will find a button called Styling. Click on it to open the styling panel.
Note: all the changes you make in the styling panel will show immediately on your own survey, but will not be saved until you click Save my styling. Clicking on Close or the Styling button on top will undo the changes and close the panel.
- On the top of that panel, you will see a section called Pick a Background. It has 4 carefully selected images in it, that you are more than welcome to use.
- Simply click on any one of them to see how it looks, and click on Save my styling to set it as your background.
Note: if you choose the third image from the left (the colourful one) you will also have to set a background color that will show where there is no image.
- To remove the image as your background, click on Remove image. The background will now be the color you have selected under Background Color.
Upload My Own Background
- If you already have one of our backgrounds selected, you first have to remove that one by clicking on Remove image. The button will then change.
- Click on Choose image to browse your files and select your image.
- All images will be fixed to the top of the screen. You can, however, change the horizontal positioning by choosing Left, Center, or Right under the header Background Position.
- If you want your image to repeat (for example, if it is a pattern), check the box to Tile background.
- If the background size is smaller than the screen size, choose a background image that will show behind the image.
Resolution and Image Size
- A lot of your respondents will probably fill in your survey from a mobile device. Our surveys are completely mobile ready, but it might cause your background to not fully show.
- For respondents answering from a computer, our data shows that resolutions of 1280x800 and 1920x1200 are a good minimum and maximum, respectively, to keep in mind when customizing your background, as by far most of the respondents have a resolution that lies between those two.
- The maximum size of your uploads is 2 MB. However, the bigger the file is, the longer it will take to load when your respondents open your survey. If you suspect a lot of your respondents have a bad Internet connection, consider lowering the quality to minimize the file size.
- Image optimization for faster loading times: kraken.io
- Free awesome patterns to use as backgrounds: thepatternlibrary.com
- More free awesome patterns to use as backgrounds: subtlepatterns.com
- Free stock images: https://stocksnap.io/
- Free stock images: http://www.splashbase.co/
- Free stock images: http://thestocks.im/
If you have any more questions, please feel absolutely free to let us know: email@example.com
We'd love to help you!